Discussion Category:  GC Systems

HP 5890 troubleshooting

Hello , i Have Hp5890 with EPC , i have connected to gas line checked all leakage , when i turn on Gc it shuts down after 2-5 mins display on screen is EPPA /EPPB shut down , i started troubleshooting the EPC for leakages , i could not able to change flow of EPPA /EPPB from the control board , incoming pressure to system is 60 PSI with out leaks, please suggest me what would be problem. Thanks Kri

Asked by

KRI
Report this Post
LabWrenchManagerReply by
LabWrenchManager

Call me at 425 269 6583 either tomorrow by 9am pacific be in front of the instrument and can help you try to find your problem.

Best Regards

MLS technologies Inc
6855 176th Ave.NE #230
p. 425-269-6583
f.- 425-883-8049
e-mail mls.abe@verizon.net

Melanie Playne
LabWrench Product Manager

Stay Connected with LabWrench:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Join the Lab Equipment Solutions Group on LinkedIn

Report this Post
SESOFGA
Sounds like you have a communication problem. The EPC is not turning on. When you installed EPC did you installed the new short main board. The GC will shutdown automatically if it does communicate with the board. J. Mitchell SESOFGA
Report this Post
MLS technologies
J. Check the carrier gas pressure on the second stage gauge on the tank is it at least 70-80 psi? What was the last event that took place, did you change your liner, column , septa? if so check to make sure everything was done properly and that you dont have a small leak in does areas. Call any time at our support phone number at 425-269-6583. Abe at a7sanoja@gmail.com
MLS technologies Inc
Abe Sanoja
6855 176th Ave. NE #230
Redmond, WA 98052
p. 425-269-6583
email a7sanoja@gmail.com
www.mlstechnologies.com  
Report this Post
DaveGTS
Hi, Have you checked to make sure that you have turned on the Total Flow Control Knob? What is your split flow? If you do not have flow out the split vent, make sure that this knob is turned on. If the knob is on and there still is not flow, then there may be a leak or there is a problem with the EPC module itself. Check for leaks in the module, at the inlet (septum, liner o-ring, inlet bottom seal), or the head of the column. If this was recently installed on your GC, then it is also possible that the DIP switch settings are wrong on the EPC board. Also, the EEPROM version in your main board may be incorrect. Please call with any questions if you'd like. David Vance Service Engineer Gentech Scientific david@gentechscientific.com (585)492-1068
Report this Post
KRI
Hello thanks all for your replies, i actually did leak test every thing seems to be alright changed o ring seal still not able to diagnose the problem,can i get some help on dip switch settings i recently installed GC in here,dip switch on my machine has 1-6 channels and 4- IN B & 5- MODE B are open position rest are closed . some information about EPPROM.is there any way to make sure problem created by EPPROM. Thanks for you help Regards, Kri
Report this Post
DaveGTS
Hi, Which inlet do you have? I had assumed that you had a split/splitless inlet, but do you have a packed inlet or a cool-on-column inlet? Which inlet type you have will determine what the DIP switch settings should be. If you have a s/s inlet, then all switches are closed. If you have a COC inlet, then " IN A0" and "Mode A" should be open if it is inlet A ( or the corresponding B switches if it is inlet B). If it is a packed inlet, then all switches are closed except Mode A ( or Mode B if it is inlet B). Hope this helps, David Vance Service Engineer Gentech Scientific david@gentechscientific.com 585-492-1068
Report this Post
KRI
we are in West palm beach Florida can any body help us on site fixing problems with my GC-HP5890
Report this Post
Zachary
Yes, I can assist you with your 5890. Call me at 225-654-2158 to discuss the problems you are having. My web site: www.cjrust.org Telephone:225-654-2158
Report this Post
SESOFGA
Yes I can help stae what exactly what your issue is or call me at 404-452-3879' JOHNNY MITCHELL
Report this Post
GenTech Scientific, Inc.Reply by
GenTech Scientific, Inc.
GenTech Scientific can certainly help you. Please call our service department at 585-492-1068.
Report this Post

Page 1 of 2