Discussion Category:  GC Systems

CTC Pal autosampler

the autosampler has a fault where the vials are sticking to the needle and being carried away from the tray - sometimes being dropped and hence the injection continues, but often the vial is left dangling from the needle and the sequence stops. We think it's just a worn spring as the tension seems slack. Does anyone know who services these autosamplers? We have asked Presearch, but they will only look at it as part of an expensive service contract. I would welcome any other sugestions.

Asked by

Alikuhl
Report this Post
Bernie G.Reply by
Bernie G.
We had a similar issue but it wasn't the spring it was the guide rod sticking. Try compressing the spring by pushing up the needle guide. If you feel resistance try cleaning and lubricating the guide rod. This fixed our problem.
Report this Post
GenTech Scientific, Inc.Reply by
GenTech Scientific, Inc.
Alikuhl, GenTech can service this autosampler for you. You can send it to us for repair or you can try to replace the tension cords on it and clean and lube the rods to see if that works. Please contact our service department at service@gentechscientific.com if you have further questions. Good luck!
Report this Post
Alikuhl
Hi Thanks for the advice. We did try cleaning and lubricating as suggested but to no avail. It seems we don't have enough resistance rather than too much - when we push the needle guide up it's really easy in comparison to a newer autosampler that we have - it seems as though there is not enough resistance to push away from the vial. I'll get in touch with Gen Tech and see if they can help. Thanks again.
Report this Post
Alikuhl
Hi, thanks for your advice - My colleague Mr James Williams will be in touch to ask you for a quote for service of 2 autosamplers. Cheers.
Report this Post
Alikuhl
Hi again. Just noticed you are in US, we are in UK - do you have a branch over here? If not could you give me details of the parts we need to order and some instructions as to how to fit them. Thanks again. Ali
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1