Advertisement
7 years ago

Spiky peaks

I am periodically seeing spiky peaks in the samples. Unfortunately, I don't know how to find the solution for this. I have tried cleaning the instrument with a mobile phase flow rate of 1.5 ml/min but still nothing has worked. The mobile phase is chloroform.

Varian - PL-GPC 220
    by Varian

Varian - PL-GPC 220
    DESCRIPTION
    Integrated GPC/SEC System

Gel permeation chromatography is the technique of choice for rapid and reliable characterization of polymer molecular weight and molecular weight distribution. Advances in polymer science and technology mean that a more diverse range of solvents and temperatures are required in the modern GPC laboratory. With ever increasing workloads the GPC system must deliver greater accuracy, reproducibility and reliability with automated high sample throughput. The PL-GPC 220 ensures excellent chromatographic performance across the full operational temperature range, from 30 to 220 °C, whatever the application. It is an extremely flexible system, designed to run almost all polymer, solvent and temperature combinations, with full automation.

Advertisement