Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Err "Sys" and "Drive" flashing

Hello  I have two Avanti J25 centrifuges,the old style with the rotary knobs and the led displays, one works fine but the other displays "sys drive" I have swapped all the circuit boards from the good one to the faulty one but errors still there, can anybody help please ? thanks Phil

Asked by

optimum
Report this Post
jams
Yes ring Beckman they will happily sort it for you, which country are u a n?
Report this Post
optimum

I am in the UK, If no one can point me in the right direction will contact them, I think it might need calibrating but cannot find any info on this model, thanks for replying Phil

Report this Post
jams
Where in the uk are u based
Report this Post
optimum

Based in the Northwest, the centrifuges are in storage at present in Bolton , Phil.

Report this Post
jams
Are you looking to get theM both up and running and in use again,?
Report this Post
dpkleessr

A "SYSTEM" diagnostic usually requires a complete initialization of the centrifuge. I previously posted ALL of the steps required to do this for all Beckman Avanti J series centrifuges on this data base. First, however, you need to know which SYSTEM and DRIVE diagnostics you have. Again, I previously posted the necessary steps to download the error codes, too. The drive diagnostic may or may not actually be the drive motor assembly or one of the electronic assemblies. Either way you still need to know what the error codes actually are before proceeding. I worked on them for 17 years before retiring from Beckman Coulter and what I posted is right out of the service manual. Get back to me after you have the codes and we can proceed from there.

Don

Report this Post
jams
If you need help in the uk then let me know
Report this Post
optimum

Yes would like both running, will be in touch cheers

Report this Post
optimum

thanks Don, I think i know how to get error codes,, will be in touch thanks

Report this Post
jams
Please feel free to come back to me if you need any more help if you get stuck anytime, not sure if you can contact me directly
Report this Post

Page 1 of 3