Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

lab mgr

Got an Eppendorf 5415r with rotor that is completely stuck on the spindle. Where can I get a service manual? Has anyone fixed this problem?

Asked by

bdaley
Report this Post
Mykeil
The bearings are need to be replaced. I have fixed this. You can see the product https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eppendorf-5424-Centrifuge-with-FA-45-24-11-Rotor-Lid/232787394275
Report this Post
WarwickJon

Quote bdaley

Got an Eppendorf 5415r with rotor that is completely stuck on the spindle. Where can I get a service manual? Has anyone fixed this problem?

We have had one here in a similar state.  Have you tried running a small amount of IPA onto the top of the shaft and leaving it to soak?  

I expect there may have been some spillage and liquid has found itself between the shaft and rotor, seizing the two together.

Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba
Yes ... have had this happen several times. With the centrifuge off. Remove the lid of the rotor and tap the center of the rotor with a mallet to shock it and then try loosening it from the motor shaft
Report this Post
smallbusiness

Free ventures in various countries consolidate organization or retail undertakings, for instance, convenience stores, little markets, baked good kitchens or shops, beauticians or tradespeople restaurants, guest houses, picture takers, little scale small business defined

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1