Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Display

Display is not showing all characters/number digits properly, omitting parts of each number.

Asked by

Jacob V.
Report this Post
dpkleessr

I never was trained on one of those but missing segments typically is caused by the display drivers or the display itself. Not much you can do if either of them is at fault except replace them. The only other thing that I can recommend is to insure that all of the connectors are properly seated.

Don

Report this Post
Jacob V.

Thanks, Don. I also read up on the manual that cycling the power may help fix the issue - what have you heard/what do you think about this method?

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Cycling the power fixed more problems than I can tell you over my 33 years with Beckman.  It certainly can't hurt to try.

Don

Report this Post
Jacob V.

Ok, what would be the best way to cycle the power/at what speeds and for how long, etc.? How do I cycle the power properly? Apologies for the simple question - new lab tech here

Thanks Don

Report this Post
dpkleessr

First, I would NEVER cycle the power while it is running.  Simply unplug the centrifuge, wait 30 seconds to make sure all power supplies have bled off their residual voltage, and then plug it back in again and see what happens.  If the display returns to normal you are obviously good to go.  If not I would try looking at the connectons or just call for service but be prepared for sticker shock when you get whoever you contact about service, especially Beckman Coulter.

Don

Report this Post
Jacob V.

Yeah, looks like we're contacting service. Thank you for your help, I appreciate itw

Report this Post
plankjw6070

I've had to replace a few displays on these for missing segments on the LCD. Also I learned the hard way that a new display board is required when installing the new display from Beckman. 

Report this Post
dsetty

The display issue is the LCD panel. Older ones that typically fail need the Display board and the main board as Beckman revised the display board so it is no longer compatible with the main board (thanks Beckman). Newer ones need only the Display board replaced, but these rarely fail. I have been searching for just the replacement LCD panel, but it appears custom. Dang.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1