Discussion Category:  GC Systems

Instrument never get ready and always in equilibrating stage

Hi,

I am suing GC varian CP 3800 with an autosampler CP 8400. I am having problem which the isntrument never gets ready and always in equilibrating stage even though there's no fault reported. All the parameter have reached the set points (injector, column oven, and detector temperature, flowrate and pressure), but the GC always says "not ready). Therefore i can't do any injection. Any suggestion for that case?

Thank you very much in advance.

Asked by

Zeni
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
Something's not at it's appropriate set point. Press the status button and then scroll through all the setpoints for the GC using the page up and page down buttons the little double arrows. Look for one where it's not at the appropriate set point. The other thing to check is how long is your oven equilibration time. If it is set to be an excessive amount more than 30 seconds it is likely that something is varying slightly and causing it to go continually out of equilibration

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
Zeni

I have checked all the status, all seems fine. The temperature, the gas flow etc, even the oven equilibrating time. There must be something not right, but i don't know  which part as the software also saying "no faults". Any further suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Zeni,

If you exit the software, does the GC go to a ready state?

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
Zeni

Hi Dan,

yes i did that and it's still the same, giving not ready sign. I even reinstalled the software twice.

Zeni

Report this Post
Dennis Connor

Was there ever a fix for this problem? We started a few days ago to see Not Ready even though everything is at set point.  We had not made any changes just before that.

We have two columns installed with their own injection ports and detectors.  We can use one but not the other because of Not Ready on the flow for the column not in use for that method.

Help!

Report this Post
Dennis Connor

Success!  I tried the Autocalibrate function in Instrument Edit Setup on the GC itself and after 5 to 10 minutes of "Calibrating . . ." according to the screen, it rebooted and worked again with no Not Ready light staying on.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1