Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

J-30I C5 and D14

I have a c5 error and a d14 error. The manual does not mention these errors. Can anyone shed light on these?

Thank you,

Will

Asked by

RoboWill
Report this Post
RoboWill

The C5 error is definetly a temperature sensor error. I'm reading -85C at room temperature. Should I try to change the sensor?

Thanks,

Will

Report this Post
RoboWill

The sensor was causing the C5 problem. New sensor fixed that right up. Still lost on this D14 error. Is there anything to do besides replace the drive boards in the front?

Thanks,

Will

Report this Post
RoboWill

Just remembered D14 has to do with communication between the cpus. How many aer there? I've changed the main board in head of the centrifuge and the board on teh bottom right behind the front cover. My D14 error persists though.

Thanks,

Will

Report this Post
dpkleessr

An "I" series Avanti centrifuge actually has 3 CPU's onboard. The main board, the Fluorescent display has one and the SR control board down on the swing out chassis has the 3rd. Without knowing the status of your replacement boards prior to installing them I really don't know what to tell you because in the 17 years I worked on Avanti J's, I NEVER replaced a VFD board but I suppose that there is always a first time. And yes, a D14 diagnostic is definitely a communications issue so also make sure that all connectors are secure too.

Don

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1