Home > Questions & Answers > Oven not heat
Advertisement
4 months ago

Oven not heat

My Clarus 680 GC has not been used for a long time. After the power was turned on, the touch screen showed "Fatal instrument shutdown oven not heat". Fan was not on either. It seems no problem with the thermocouple. Kindly please advise what caused the problems and how to solve them. I thought the fuse might be broken, but I cannot find where it is located in the GC.

Thanks in advance!

4 months agoReply from Dan Ste.Marie
EYeh EYeh,

This could be a blown fuse or fuses or the heater shroud could be shorted out or broken. The fuses are located on the power supply board and the main board and are accessed from the back of the GC. Ensure that all power to the instrument has been disconnected prior to removing the covers. If the fuses are blown ensure that they are replaced with the exact same fuse.

Dan

PerkinElmer - Clarus 680 GC
by PerkinElmer

PerkinElmer - Clarus 680 GC
DESCRIPTION
Our Clarus® 680 GC is designed for fast-paced, high-volume laboratories that require fast analytical cycle times.

Our Clarus® 680 GC is designed for fast-paced, high-volume laboratories that require fast analytical cycle times. It maximizes throughput with the fastest injection-to-injection time of any conventional gas chromatograph. The Clarus 680 GC incorporates many other PerkinElmer innovations that provide unprecedented operational simplicity and outstanding flexibility while removing the barriers to productivity that can arise with more demanding samples and applications. The fastest temperature programmable inlets available combined with programmable pneumatic control (PPC) provides simple and straightforward solutions to complex analyses such as analysis for methanol in crude oil or determination of pesticides in food. Its near-ambient performances make the Clarus 680 GC the instrument of choice for the separation of light volatile components or when Large Volume Injection is required to run high-sensitivity GC/MS applications. Complete instrument control is available through TotalChrom and TurboMass as well as Waters® Empower™ 2 and Agilent® EZChrom Elite™ drivers.

Advertisement