Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

dead to the world

The unit is just dead. The fuses are fins and I can track the power across the board a little way but then I would need a schematic to chase it any further. I was hoping some one ran across something similar and may have a suggestion. Thanks

Asked by

jeremy
Report this Post
medphysteo

check out http://www.labwrench.com/?community.posts/threadNo/151192/subject/wil-not-power-up/, like

"Usual cause is a dried-out 22uF capacitor on the main "freq converter" PCB, the one between that 5V regulator in the TO-220 pkg, and the UC2844 surface-mt chip.

More detail on other replies here, for 5415R, 5415D"

You could also try medwrench

Report this Post
jeremy

Thanks very much that did the trick. Now it powers up but it gives me an error 8. At least I can trouble shoot that easier.

thanks again very much

jeremy

Report this Post
Tech

Did you ever troubleshoot the Error 8? Wondering if you got it working or if you tried anything. Thanks!

Report this Post
medphysteo

No, but the manual says it's the same as Error 7. The run-down on that is:

Er 7

Overspeed control. Replace Converter PCB.

Er 7-1

Maximum speed for rotor exceeded. See Er 7.

Er 7-2

Speed deviates more than ±800 rpm from nominal value.

– Check mains voltage .

– Check concentric run of motor .

– Check/replace motor.

– Replace Converter PCB.

Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba
If all fails .... board repair can be inexpensive... www.saharasimba.com
Report this Post
scott almburg

The 22ufd capacitor which is located right next to the T0220 5 volt regulator -  the leads on the bottom are obstructed by the  large metal component.   Does this metal component need to be removed to get at the capacitor leads?   There are 23 wire leads that look like they need to be unsoldered to remove the piece.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1