Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Avanti J-25 Diagnose with 'Drive" error

As soon as i press "start" it blew up F4 fuse at distribution board. Please help.

Trong

Asked by

trong.ha
Report this Post
trong.ha

i had a field service to check out the unit for 2 hours then he replace the SR inverter board and fixed the problem, it looks like Q30 and Q36 are bad.

Report this Post
trong.ha

Hi Don, I wonder if you have any information about the different between G4PC40UD (Q30 on SR inverter board) and G4PC40UD-E (i couldn't find data sheet )

thanks,

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Sorry but they never gave us any kind of information about discrete components on any of the Avanti circuit boards.  In fact, within very specific guidelines, we were only allowed to replace those boards and retrun them for circuit board exchange parts pool.  The biggest issue with many of the later circuit boards were that in many cases they were multi layer circuit boards so even if you could replace a component you could not be sure that all of the connections were good throughout the different layers of the boards.

Report this Post
trong.ha

Thanks, Don i bought the transistors G4PC40D and replaced at Q30, Q36 and that fixed the problem and i don't have to trade-in the board

Trong 

Report this Post
dpkleessr
Good for you! That's the kind of repair work that I like to hear about. As I said, back in the day, BCI tied our hands as to what boards we were actually "allowed" to repair in the field. Again, great job. Don
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1