Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Beckman rotor moves with difficulty

The rotor movement is difficult when try to swirl manually. When started the run, the centrifuge shows error message and it stops.

Asked by

AJ66
Report this Post
dpkleessr
If your rotor does not turn easily by hand then you probably have a bad motor/bearing and there is nothing else to do except have it serviced as removing and replacing it is difficult.
Report this Post
AJ66

Hi
Thanks. Removing the rotor is not a problem, only swirling is difficult...May be the bearing needs lubrication? Arshad
Report this Post
dpkleessr

Arshad, You misunderstand me.  I was not worried about you removing the rotor from the drive assembly, I am concerned about the fact that you said that it is difficult to SPIN the rotor by hand and that should not be the case with that drive motor.  There is no way to really lubricate the bearings in that motor as everything is sealed up so that is why I believe that you are looking at a drive motor replacement.

Don

Report this Post
AJ66

Thanks Don

It would be expensive to replace the motor. Is there somewhere it is cheaper than getting from Beckman?

Arshad

Report this Post
dpkleessr
First, I have o idea where you are located so the availability and costs are factors that O am unaware since I retired over 5 years ago. I also have no idea if there is a readily available replacement part outside of Beckman or of even a 3rd party service group could help you out with that at a "reasonable" price. The fact that the drive motor does not spin at all and is rough to turn by hand is why I believe that it is the source of your problem. However, eyes on an issue for a "factory trained engineer" might see something different. Sorry that I can't be more helpful. Don
Report this Post
AJ66

I am located in Montreal, Qc, Canada.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1