Discussion Category:  Moisture Analyzers

Moisture Analyzer HB43

Hello, 

I have few problems with our Moisture Analyzer HB43 in our lab:

-It is happening that when you press TARA to begin with a new analysis it needs a lot of time or it doesn't do it at all. Working conditions are stable and suitable, the as in the past. 

-Sometimes it happens that display gets crazy and all of the sudden starts showing very high values and jumping up from one to another, knowing that it is not possible for the measuring sample. 

- If I do three repetitions of the same sample, I am getting three completely different values, it has no repeatability. For the same of adequate weight and the same amount of the sample. 

The equipment is yearly calibrated and good maintained. 

Thank you for your help

Lara

Asked by

Lara12
Report this Post
jburkman11Reply by
jburkman11

Check to see if the displayed weight is stable. If it is changing a Tare cannot occur. Regarding the large changes in moisture content. This could be caused by a problem in the weighing cell. You could also check to see if the handle for the stainless steel holder (that transports the disposable aluminum pans) is bent. If this occurs the HB43-S lid when closed can come in contact with the handle and cause the pan to be lifted upwards possibly causing a sudden loss in weigh or an unstable weight. If the handle for the stainless steel holder is not coming in contact with the HB43-S lid as it closes I would have a technician evaluate the HB43-S to see if the weighing and temperature properties are correct.

Jennifer Burkman
METTLER TOLEDO
www.mt.com  
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1