Discussion Category:  GC-Single Quad/MSD

System Requirements

Hello,

My name is Jonathan Cooper and I am a Helpdesk Technician at Rhode Island College. In one of our Bio Labs we have a Varian Saturn 2200 GCMS which is then connected to a GX 620 running windows xp. What exactly are the requirements for this system to run because the GX 620 has died and we do not have an older machine to replace it with.

Thanks for the help.

Jonathan Cooper

jcooper@ric.edu

401-456-8929

Asked by

coop2667
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Jonathon,

The Varian MS WorkStation software that came with this system does need to run on a legacy XP data system with support for the GPIB and the coax network card.  There are a few manufacturers out there that make new data systems that can support these requirements.  Do NOT discard the old computer until you ge the new one up and running as you may the network card and GPIB card from it for the new system.  Call or email me with additional questions.

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
John Elling

Dan, I'm trying to get a Varian Star data station built up from a Windows XP computer.  I've got a NI GPIB interface card attached to the Saturn 2200 MS but the Star software is not seeing the instrument. 

I have not attached the 3800 GC yet.  Still waiting for an old 10BaseT network card to make that connection. 

I'd sure appreciate any guidance!

Thanks, John

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1