Home > Questions & Answers > Det EFC Ch2 over max flow
Advertisement
5 months ago

Det EFC Ch2 over max flow

Instrument is not ready-all front lamps at display are on, and at instrument status is message with fault front detector max flow exceeded.

5 months agoReply from Dan Ste.Marie
ivanz If the EFC actual rises to above the setpoint and you are unable to calibrate it successfully, either the sensors or controllers have been damaged and you will likely need to replace the module.

Dan

5 months agoReply from ivanz
avatar placemarkyes, message log can be cleared.

after few days without gases instrument is now with "no fault" doing equilibration and i can see channels with gases set and real.

only Ch2 (H2) rises from set 30. it goes up to 80-86 and then instrument is "fault", with all 3 led lamps on. i try to do autocalibrate on ch2 (H2)and keep failing every time.

maybe i just have to wait till pressure in EFC returns to normal state?

ivanzAre you able to clear the message from the GC keypad? If it persists the EFC may have been damaged and require replacement. Dan
5 months agoReply from ivanz

Yes, thats exactly what happened, and now i cant return instrument settings to be ok and ready for run.

Do you have any advice¨to solve problem?

ivanz I would ensure that you have not overpressurized the EF2 channel, make sure your gas supplies are not too high,

Dan

Varian - CP-3800
by Varian

Varian - CP-3800
DESCRIPTION
The CP-3800 GC from Varian—unlimited possibilities!

The Varian CP-3800 GC meets all your analytical requirements with practical solutions for simple and complex applications.            In a standard configuration, the CP-3800 accommodates up to three injectors and three      detectors, all operating simultaneously. In addition, the CP-3800 is easily configured to perform on-line analyses for monitoring critical gas and liquid process streams.            The CP-3800’s flexible platform lets you start with a basic configuration and add a wide variety of options in the field. Options include additional channels, gas and liquid sampling valves, and external sampling devices. Future upgrades guarantee that you can meet changing requirements at a moment’s notice.            Unleash the full potential of the CP-3800 GC with the Galaxie Chromatography Data System. Galaxie dramatically improves daily workflow with intuitive, easy-to-use graphical interfaces for instrument control, data acquisition, processing, and      standard and custom reporting. From a simple stand-alone GC system, to an automated Simulated Distillation package, the CP-3800 GC with Galaxie provides a powerful solution to all of your GC analytical needs.            The CP-3800 GC from Varian—unlimited possibilities!

Advertisement