Discussion Category:  GC Systems

Communication error

Good afternoon.
The software is experiencing a communication error, a numbering error 1070, and asks to restart the GC and the analysis window. What do to resolve this error ?

Asked by

DiogoHM
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
Well, you should exit the software and shutdpwn the GC. Wait 5-10 seconds minimum and then restart the GC and start the software backup. Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
I. Hernández Cipres

Greethings from Mexico City.

My name is Idelfonso Hernández Cipres.

GC-14A is an old GC from Shimadzu.

Are you working with GC´software ?

What´s your software ?    and version ?

Because, GC-14 needs a interface board between GC-14 and PC.

Yes, you can to work with GC-14 and software, but but   we need more information.

Please, send me more information.

If you want in these page or my e-mail      aysa96@hotmail.com

Regards

Idelfonso Hernández C.

Report this Post
DiogoHM
Dan , this is what I do. I turn off the software and the GC . Then restart both.

The point is that this error happens during my run , and unsaved data acquisition .

Report this Post
DiogoHM
Idelfonso ,

the software is GCsolution Version 2.32.00 .

The communication interface between the GC and the computer is a CBM -102 Shimadzu .

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

OK, now we have some good information.  This error is recurring and it is recurring at random times so we can rule out just abolut everything with configuration and hardware settings.  Based on this new information I would suggest that one of the following is the source of your errors:

1) Loose connection with the communication cable either at the GC or at the computer.

2) A bad communication cable (ie one with a short in it)

3) A hardware failure with the comm board in the GC or in the PC.

I would verify thall cables are properly connected and are the securing screws are snug.  I would also inspect the cables for any worn or flattened spots that could be indicative of a problem.  If possible you might want to swap out the cable for a new one.

If a new cable does not resolve the issue then you likely have a problem with the board in the GC or in the PC, that would be the next item to replace.

Good luck!!

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1